Input on purchasing Bobcat wb please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JFizzle, Sep 19, 2007.

1. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

Sold my old snapper a few weeks ago and need to replace it quick. I came across this bobcat 36" hydro for sale in my area and want some input.

The guy is asking $2800 for this. Its just over one year old. He was doing lawns part time so the mower doesnt have a ton of hours on it, but I dont think he was too worried about maintenance on the machine. (he has never even had the blades off.)

The only problem I noticed with it is that one of the blades was bent. I would like to take a new set over and just make sure everything lines up under the deck (spindles etc.) If it checks out it seems like it would be a good machine.

I'd appreciate any input on experience with Bobcats as well as the price for what I'm getting.

I haven't seen much discussion about this brand on here. Any reason?

Thanks.

Joe

BobcatMower.jpg

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

that looks like a pretty nice mower. I don't have any experience with Bobcat walkbehinds, but I know that one like that would go for around $5,000 according to my dealer. But on the flip side, maintenance is important. Check and see what the oil looks like, how the engine sounds, and if everything is greased like it is supposed to. He may have abused it though if the blade is bent. If it wasn't well maintenanced, I'd confront him with that, and I'd try and talk him down. But I think that $2500 for that looks like a pretty good deal.

3. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot for the response.
    Anyone willing to share their experience with Bobcat mowers?

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Bunton, same decks. AWESOME cut and discharge! You'll love that mower I'm sure!

5. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48' bobcat same mower with bigger deck and 2 36' bobcats one is a gear drive with 15hp kawi and the other a hydro with 17hp kawi. They are great mowers, strip great, very easy to work on, and built strong. I paid about $5000 for my hydro about 2 months ago but it the 17hp electric start which was about $300 more, also the price is with a jungle jims sulky and tax. If maintance was done on the mower and it includes the catcher and sulky its not a bad price because the mower doesn't look like it been used much. Check the spindles, belt and the baffle under the front of the deck because he must of hit something big if the blade is bent because I've run over a small stump one time and nothing happened to the blade. Also the hydro filter can be a pain in the a$$ to get off, the last time I had to take the tank off to get it off.

6. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a bob-cat ztr for 3 seasons, geat mower ran and cut fantastic i have also demoed there walkbehinds and it was a nice mower.

7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Have you considered a Quick 36?

Never had a Bobcat but the price of the used one you are looking at you can get a brand new Samurai that will give you an excellent cut and last you a long time.

Check their website, they are a sponsor here.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 52" bobcat hydro wb. Its a great machine. Still running ok despite having 2900+ hours on the clock. Thats a good price for that machine as well.

9. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

I appreciate your responses. After reading them I called the guy and am going to go pick it up tomorrow.

A second question: any of you put a plow on yours in the winter. One of the big companies around here does and they push all of their commercial walks instead of throwing it.

Thanks again.

Joe