1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Input on this contract/agreement

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stevenf, Feb 10, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Below is the contract/agreement that I am working out. Let me know of anything I need that was not mentioned, or anything that should be taken out.

Turf Trimmers
    (225) 975-0158
    Customer Name: ____________________
    Street Address: ____________¬¬¬¬_________
    Service agreement for Lawn Care Maintenance

Service Agreement

Lawn service is to be provided on a weekly basis on a scheduled day each week during the growing season. In the event of faulty equipment or inclement weather the services provided will be scheduled for the next available day. Lawn service will include mowing all turf areas, trimming all turf areas inaccessible to mower with line trimmer, edging all walkways and driveways, and blowing all resulting clippings with a power blower. The cost for this service will be $______ per week. This agreement shall commence on __________and continue thereafter as long as both parties are satisfied. Customers will be placed on a monthly billing cycle. All invoices will be mailed at the end of each month. If payment is not received by the due date, a 10% late fee will be charged for every 7 days that payment is late.
    Turf Trimmers is not responsible for damage of any items left on customer’s lawn before service is provided.

Notes to Service Agreement
    Additional service may be provided as needed at customer request.

If you are not satisfied with the level of service you are being provided please notify Turf Trimmers immediately so that we can correct this in a timely manner. Turf Trimmers Landscape Management strives to complete work in a respectable manner each and every visit.

By signing below, you (the customer) are agreeing to the above terms

Date: _________ Signature: _______________
  2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

You should loose the I am not responsible for items left on lawn, for the simple fact that you are.

People want to pay for "responsible" people, customers do not want, I am not responsible clauses shoved down their faces. people higher lawn care people so not to not be bothered by their lawn and to free their time if you see crap in the lawn either pick it up or skip the lawn. That is what you are charging them for,(you are charging extreme top dollar right?) Also if you ran over a yard ornament or a kids toy or caused other property damage why don't you want to be responsible for it.?
  3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I did not state that I would not be responsible for damaged property that was caused by flying material. I am stating that I am not responible if something is clearly not visible and gets damaged.
    Still think I should take it out?
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

that is just my opinion, But it doesen't mean what you have is wrong. Over the years I have run over hidden sprinkler heads that haven't retracted all the way. squirt guns ect. I always have repaired and replaced. It is just the right thing to do. It is also just 1 way of dozens of ways to stand out from the other guy that they could have working their. Their are going to be other opinions comming in I am courious to see how many agree with me. Looks like someone bid on your racks.......