1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Inputs on terms used for services offered.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by slimart01, Feb 18, 2008.

1. slimart01

slimart01 LawnSite Member

I will be lettering my two trucks in the next 2 weeks and I am trying to determine the best way to summerize my services, Without making my trucks look like flyers.

What terms does everyone use? ie. Lawn Care, lawn maintenance, turf care, turf maintenance, landscaping, landscape maintenance, so on and so forth.

At this point I am mainly doing mowing with a few fert. customers so I'm trying to mix the 2. I'm leaning towards Landscape Management. I was thinking Landscape Maintenance and Turf Management but that just seems almost repetitive. What do you all think?
  2. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

"Landscape Management" is professional and does not limit future services you can add to your company.
    You will find that there will be a need to expand services to keep a full work load an cash flow.
  3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I only offer fertilization, pest control (ie weeds, insects etc) so the term I selected was:

Lawn Health

I main reason I went this route is because when people see "Lawn Care" they think mowing...so I went with "Lawn Health" which I hope to help people realize I don't mow.

Don't know if it makes sense....but I hope it does!

I like Lawn Management really well also!
  4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same thoughts about mowing etc.
    Our tag line is "Health Care" for your lawn and landscape.
  5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I try to use big words that will impress people. Like:

We use the slogan, "Our fertilizers are just like dog pee... only without the dead spot in the middle."
  6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I went with Lawn & Garden Services. I don't do hardscaping or trees, so this pretty much covers it for me. I like that word "garden".... always reminds me of an expensive property in the game Monopoly... Marvin Gardens.
  7. AmGreen

AmGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I went with "Turf and Landscape Management" - I thought it would cover what I am currently doing and anything I may want to do...