insert or spray on?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mattydjakd, Jan 21, 2004.

1. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

Simple question guys.... curious to know which one you recomment.....the normal drop in plastic-type (or whatever it is) bedliner, or the spray-ons....if spray on...which one....rhino or line-x......(also prices for both)

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

either or....i have purchased an airisol rubberized spray paint instead of the rino liner stuff and that held up to everthing i could throw at it and if it did scratch it was an easy touch up also i have used plastic liners....they run about 150 - 200 bucks the rubberized spray paint might be a lil bit cheaper but i know the rino lining will set ya back aty least 500.

Chuck

3. RedRock

RedRock LawnSite Member

I stay with the traditional bed liners for two reasons:

1. If you throw something like a chunk of concrete in the back of a truck the bedliner - with the ribs it will take the impact, the spray-on liner will still allow a dent to be created in the steel bed.
    2. You can move the bedliner to another truck when you sell or trade in.

I have an 1986 F-150 with very little wearing of the paint and no dents. Just my .02

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used both. Like the spray in much better.

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I like the spray on myself. I have the Rhino Lining in my truck.

6. tawilson1152

tawilson1152 LawnSite Member

There's a lot of discussion on the truck forums about this and the major concessus is that the spray ons are more popular because of the tendency for rust under the bedliner. Because of the denting issue, I got a bedliner and I plan on removing it each spring and cleaning and drying under it. If it looks like there's still an issue, I'll deal with it. Maybe a bedliner with the sprayon!

7. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

I use spray on (rhino) but I use a bed mat over it keeps from denting

8. cuttingchris

cuttingchris LawnSite Member

if you plow or salt use spray on that way the salt cant get underneith the liner like it can on a regular liner you just need to make sure you wash off the rhinl liner real well after it gets salt on it but to not have your truck rust with a regular liner you would need to take the liner out

9. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I have a spray in liner and I love it. Mine is from a local company called Gatorback. For a 6 1/2' bed in runs $324. It is 3/8" thick. Pretty good stuff.

10. greenback

greenback LawnSite Member
    from L.I.

what is the best way to keep your bed from rusting with the regular bedliner. i guess remove it and clean the bed a few times a season. sorry for the hijack mattydjakd.