1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Inside or outside storage

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Buck Hollow Lawn Care, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

I was sitting on the front porch looking at my $16000 worth of equipment being poured on this morning and it made me ask, what do others with open trailers do to protect their investment, what do you do to cover your equipment when not in use? Unload and put it in the shed, have a garage, tarp. What do you do?

2. we unload everything into the shop.

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Camo tarp.

5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

All handhelds and pushmower go in shop every night. The Grandstand will stay out overnight on the trailer occasionly during the warmer months. But come mid september on, it goes in the shop every night also.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Haha! My wife's car sits out in the rain now so my equipment can sleep in the garage!

7. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

On Days that I get in late, and I'm just going out in the morning to mow some more, I normally just cover everything up. But when I'm not going to mow the next day or ove rthe weekend, it all goes in the garage

8. tinkerlawn

tinkerlawn LawnSite Member

We rent a 12' x 40' storage locker and park everything inside when not in use. Its kept out of the elements, wondering eyes are kept off of it and thus the likelihood of theft is kept to a minimum.

9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Everything is inside our 7500 sq ft shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Buck Hollow Lawn Care

Buck Hollow Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

My loving wife has so graciously taken over my garage as her daycare space(she was very persuasive) I think come mid September I am going to rent a 10 x 20 storage shed. Next year I have plans to build a 30 x 36 garage on the lower part of my property, we'll see how bad uncle Sam treats me this year on taxes and go from there.