Insight on Great Dane Scamper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by raschmid07, Nov 3, 2005.

1. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

This winter I plan to sell my 48" Scag walk behind, so I am in the market for a new walk behind, preferably a hydro. Recently I have been contacted about a brand new Great Dane Scamper pistol-grip walk behind. I haven't been a huge fan of Great Danes in the past, but the price I am being offered is very favorable. What is the word on the Scampers? I have heard they are pretty reliable, but I would appreciate some insight before I commit to a new mower.

2. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the way the one with the controls like the super surfer works. I would buy one if we needed one. The dealer he offered a 52" hydro brand new for $3,200

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

What dealer are you using?

4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

they are cheap commercial units not built as tough as other walk behinds. Try a ferris or exmark or toro. Dane is al right but somany others are just as good if not better.

5. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

The dealer is Southern Mower Sales out of Nashville. By the way, how good is the Scamper stripe? I've heard and seen it look pretty good, but I didn't know what the concensus is on it.

6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i live here in Knoxville and the only Great Dane dealer support you would have would be a mayo center so i dont think that would be wise to get one becous eof parts issues