1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

INSPECTION - Ga. Dept. of Ag.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by khutch, Jul 28, 2007.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Got a call from an inspector Friday and we set up an appointment for Monday. I have gone to subbing out apps the last couple of years so I did not renew my apps cert. in 2007. Told him this, but he said inspection anyway.
    Still have some inventory, ferts, some herbicide. Any suggestions or ideas on what to expect?
  2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I would probably remove the "pesticide inventory" to remove any thoughts in his mind that you may still not applying from time to time.

Sure is easy to grab to o'l backpack if the stuff is just "sitting" around.

Don't know...that just seems like something I would do.

Good Luck!

Let us know how it goes. I have never been through and audit yet...so if you get any pointers please post them.
  3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto -- good advice.
  4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I would think there is nothing wrong with keeping the products around, because they are now just for use on your personal property.

Just don't have anything sitting around a container that is not labeled in some way or improperly stored.
  5. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Have MSDS for all your products and a spill kit.
  6. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Respirators,gloves but if your not using them than would you have all of
    the saftey stuff. Depends in your story. I guess you would you wouldn't
    just throw it away.