Install Hedge

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dakota2000, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dakota2000

dakota2000 LawnSite Member
    from Ottawa

Hi just wondering what you guys charge to install hedges. A customer has about 40 trees about 4ft tall that he wants installed. I don't have much experience installing hedges. Anything to look out for or know before I give him a quote. I'm not sure if it is better to give him a price by the job or by an hourly rate. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i do 3x the cost of the tree/shrub installed
    so if its 30 a tree its 90 installed

3. dakota2000

dakota2000 LawnSite Member
    from Ottawa

I believe the customer has already purchased the hedge he just needs someone to install it.

4. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i dont know how to price that i never let the customer buy the materials

5. Your Lawn First

Your Lawn First LawnSite Member

charge at least 2x -3x the srub. Have the customer call someone out to mark the lines for water, electric lines ect. have this done before you start. if buy the hour min. of $20 a hour. dig a hole one foot dipper then the roots and one foot wider then the roots make sure you break up the roots on the shrub before you plant. then make sure you put mulch around them to establish a water base.

Hope this helps

6. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

what size container are they in or r they in burlap or some kind of biodegradable container ?

7. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

also what are the soil conditions were u r @ ?
    that's a consideration also.

8. kevinlane

kevinlane LawnSite Senior Member

Never do hourly, I found that out the hard way