Install in Texas

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CMKC, Sep 20, 2006.

1. CMKC

CMKC LawnSite Member
    from KC

I am installing a system in a friends house in San Antonio. What type a tractor am I going to be able to rent down there? Ditch Witch, Case Maxi Sneaker or any suggestions you can give me. Thanks for your help.

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

If your not Texas irrigation certified, you shouldn't be installing down there period.

3. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

You can rent most anything you need except a puller. No pulling in San Antonio, and if you are on the far north side, you might be prepared to rent a rock saw.

As far as the irrigation license, make sure your buddy gets the permits, and don't broadcast that you are a contractor. You are just helping your buddy, and not doing it as a business deal. Homeowners can install their own systems down there as long as they get the right permits. Otherwise, the fine can be $1000.00 and up for installing without a Texas Irrigator's License.

4. CMKC

CMKC LawnSite Member
    from KC

Thanks guys, I really am just helping a buddy on his system so I won't have to worry about the contractor problems. Where or who should I talk to about the permits? The job is actually in Converse.