Install Prices???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Ability, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

Please forgive my ignorance. I do lawncare and do not do much landscape work. However, lately I have been getting a lot of requests for plant/tree installs.

What is the going rate for:

tree install - small 6ft - requires a 3ft diameter hole by say 3ft deep or so. I am looking at labor, delivery and clean up added to whatever the tree costs.

small shrub install - 1ft by 1ft hole and same factors.

I realize that the rate depends on what the market will bear in my area. I am simply looking for general guidlines.

Much Thanks

2. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

3. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

Delivered, planted with amendments, mulched, watered first time, 1 year guarantee

We quote
    $60 for a 3 gallon woody ornamental
    $250 for a 15 gallon plant
    $450 for a 2/2.5" tree
    $20 for 1 gallon perennials

Specimen items are quoted as needed

This works out to a 3x wholesale or more. It makes it easier for the sales person to quote a job rather than use a wholesaler catalog for each item and markup the items individually.

4. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

If you do not know your overhead you will not be able to price the right way, I suggest you buy the book pricing for the green industry you can get it from the ALCA.

5. shadybz

shadybz LawnSite Member

I charge $100 per caliper inch plus $150 for planting. For example a 2.5 inch red maple planted would be $400. This pretty much holds true up to trees 5 inch in caliper. Above that the price jumps dramatically.

6. Ability

Ability LawnSite Member

Thank you all very much. It appears that I have been undercharging big time!!!!