Install pricing

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by lawnmaster2, Oct 7, 2006.

1. lawnmaster2

lawnmaster2 LawnSite Member

What do you guys get for installing underground sprinkler systems in your area. Cost per Zone. Here where i am at we get between 400 to 500 per zone. Just curious what everybody else gets.. Thanks..

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

When I was still installing, it ranged from about $450-$650 per zone. Usually around the $500 mark. But you shouldn't figure $xxx per zone when bidding. Each job is going to have it's own quirks and variables - different soil conditions, sidewalks and driveways to go under, PVB or RP, 10' of copper or 40' copper for stub out, additional PRV, new or existing lawn, etc. But I haven't installed anything new in 4 years, so don't necessarily go by my numbers.

Now there is one instance where bidding by zone is fairly close from job to job. Here in a growing area with tract homes almost stacked on top of each other, 5'-10' in between them, same soil conditions throughout the neighborhood, each lot is about the same size, - you know what you're going to run into from one house to the next. So for ease and speed of bidding, you can sometimes bid per zone.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

We don't bid by zone, as Dana highlighted, its a pretty worthless number.

4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

If I were to bid by the zone it would average in the $1000 - $1200 range for upscale residential lots. If I were to bid by the head it would average $150 - $175 per head. But don't go by those prices because each and every job is different and is not priced that way.

Materials, Equipment, Labor, incidentals, overhead, insurance, etc. plus a healthy mark-up.

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. Zones are relative. Though I understand what you are trying to get at.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Good point. Here zones are designed at 10-12 GPM. other areas may be at 15-20 or more. Usually 4-5 rotors, 6-8 sprays per zone depending on what they are - Q, H, F, etc