1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Installation positions in NH

Discussion in 'Employment' started by GreenMonster, Nov 21, 2007.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Hey guys, we're hiring 2 positions for next season. At least one of them we would like to fill right away. If anyone is interested, or knows a decent candidate, please let me know.

Installation Foreman: Primarily for hardscapes, but many of our installs also include plantings, irrigation, lighting, grading/lawn prep, etc. I would like to find someone that is versatile enough to do everything, but obviously, we would be willing to train the right person who brings strength to at least a couple different aspects.

Installation Tech: I hate to call this guy a "laborer", because I really like everyone to be mentally involved, and to work their way to the next level. In other words, this guy will be the 2nd man on the crew, but won't simply be a mule. Some landscape experience is necessary, with skid steer or excavator experience helpful.

Both positions include benefits (a portion of health ins., vacation, holidays, potential profit sharing etc.)

Candidates have to be versatile, self-motivated, able to work on their own, hardworking and most of all, passionate. I don't want anyone that doesn't care about what they're doing. If you don't care about what you're doing, you're not gonna want to work for us anyway.

The installation foreman can be a really good job for the right person. This guy, if qualified, will also be doing sales and estimating, which could mean commisions as well as a very good salary. Installation foreman will have an equipped enclosed trailer for installation, with a skid steer. Excavator also when necessary.

MUST have valid driver's lisence and good record. CDL also a serious plus.