1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Installation question… How do you…

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Critical Care, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you tackle a job where cement walks or asphalt parking areas butt up to a building all the way around, and you need to run your control cable somehow inside to the building? I’ve never liked the idea of having to cut cement, but what do you guys do?
  2. Cut ashpalt/cement is best way..unless they don't mind you putting in galvanized conduit and a conduit box where it enters building.
  3. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

Cut it and repatch or depending on the depth. You can go with the boring option. If you do cut and repatch- be sure to jacket the wire with conduit or regular pvc for extra protection.
  4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Ugh... looks like I'll have to brush up on cement work. I take it that the boring option is to bore straight down through the cement and then also horizontally under the walkway. Neither way sounds like fun.
  5. ldr1976

ldr1976 LawnSite Member

find a area of cement walkway hopefully not wider than 4' drill a hole thru next to bullding to accomidate grey or metal conduit. Bore under sidewalk and fish it thru and take it up all thru the soffit into the attic and where you need to be. Little time consuming but less than cutting concrete and replaceing it and god know it will look a hec of alot better