1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Installed mulching kit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fubba, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Just put on my new mulching kit. I had to drive 30 miles one way to get it because the local dealer didn't have any. I think I've found a new dealer too. Much nicer and knows more about what he's talking about. Plus, he's cheaper. I got it for $180. Fit on great. Ran two passes through my yard and now I'm about to head out to a customer's house. I should have had this thing all along during the fall. What was I thinking?
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats the same reaction I had when I put mine on my gravely 44z. Difference is night and day.
  3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what I said the first year I used mine. Then I figured out how to do it without having to mess around with the mulch kit every fall.
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine worked great this fall. Don't know where I would have been with out it.
  5. wiselawns

wiselawns LawnSite Member

Hurricane mulch kit on my Scag, makes the leaves dissapear-unbelievable
  6. vincent c. gomeyac

vincent c. gomeyac LawnSite Member

Mr. wiselawns, can you tell me more about your mulch kit?

How's the mulching performance over pine needles(straw), accumulated, matted & layered wet lvs., on oak and magnolia lvs.

Is it really efficient to justify my purchase?

TY & hoping for your response.

To those who own this mulching kit can likewise share their experience, my sincere thnx.

I have a Turf Tiger waiting for this kit.