installing a equipment cage on trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by joel29m, Dec 14, 2009.

1. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

can any one show me a pic of the best position to mount a cage for equipment on a 6.5x12 trailer?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You install the cage across the front and just high enough so you tallest mowers front wheels will go under the cage. The cages are usually 2ftx2ft and the width of the trailer. If you are making it custom measure the height of you tallest blower to be sure it will go in. Swing the door down so you can pull out the blower and start it on the door. The door is held by chains.

3. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I mounted mine on the front portion of the trailer and it opens toward the tounge of the trailer...if that is what you are asking...lots of pics on here for cages..I can post mione if you like...

4. joel29m

If you don't mind.... What was the price for yours?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Big C

Mine cost me $350 to have it built and mounted (mine is 77" X 2.5 X 2.5)....had it done at B&B Enterprises here in Gonzales.

6. joel29m

Today ill stop that shop on airline in baton rouge and see what their prices are, but most likely they might be high, if so I'll ride to gonzales and check them out cause that's not a bad price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. rreyn1812

rreyn1812 LawnSite Senior Member

My trailer is at the welding shop now to have a cage installed, along with a 6ft ramp, but the cost of the cage is around $400. The size is 2 ft X 2ft X 80 inches.

8. joel29m

I'll need to get my funds right before I get it done
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Big C

Here is a link to their website....if you stop by tell them Chad Clark sent you.

http://www.bbenterprisesofgonzalesinc.com/tandem-standard.html

10. joel29m

I couldn't think of the name but that is it and I'll keep you posted on it, thanks.
    Posted via Mobile Device