1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

installing donuts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jds720, May 6, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok so i need to give a quote to install 30-40 if the sprinkler donuts. Its St. Aug., and theres ZERO holes now, so their all grown over. What should i charge this guy?? donuts are around $1.50 or so, and the attatchment for my trimmer is $30. plus labor. and im all by myself. so whats a good $$??
  2. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

does anyone bid their own work anymore?
  3. jds720

as in people not asking the opions of others?? or just not doing the work themselves??
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Are you talking about those cemet donuts that can put around sprinkler heads? Basically a bad idea but in longer heads if they aren't coming up in the grass and they won't be hit by mower. What do you need trimmer for just dig around them with sharpshooter.
  5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I know a sharpshooter, he can put 10 bullets in one hole. ;)
  6. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

just get a trenching shovel and it will take you about 20 seconds to dig out around the head. I do that all the time when doing irrigation tune-ups. Dig around the head, yank out the grass and your done. So with 30 of them you should be able to do it in an hour. $100 plus cost of donuts. Charge him $60 for a system check while your at it and your looking at about $200-$250 for not a lot of work....just my $0.02
  7. jds720

Thanks simple and to the point, thats all i was looking for!
  8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

i don't know of too many guys that can install 30-40 sprinkled donuts in one sitting.....
    Are they Krispy Kreme?
  9. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

LOL :cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2: