1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Installing double blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Nick

Nick Banned

When installing double blades with a double blade bracket on a dixie do you take the metal spacer off and just leave the cardboard one on? Because if you left it on the blades would be lower then without the bracket.
  2. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, remove the spacer but use all the washers. The size of the adaptor compensates for the spacer.
  3. earthandturf

earthandturf LawnSite Member

Where can I get a double blade bracket?
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The only place I know of is a DC dealer. These brackets have a 5/8" hole in them and are $15 each. I hope this helps.

BTW, you do not need these to run double blades, I ran without them for 12 years, but I do have them now.
  5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I run double blades on my '92 Toro Wheel Horse 520H (tractor) w/48" deck. without a special adapter. I thought of making one, as Wheel Horse wouldn't sell one, but hey, they do just fine this way.
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

it seems to me that the bracket could cause a blade to warp if it hits something.where as without the bracket the blade just slips around on the spindle a bit. just a thought.