Installing French Drain

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mac43rn, Apr 2, 2002.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Any suggestions. What is the best way to go about this. Step by Step details would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. MWM

MWM LawnSite Member

I'm not sure how you are attempting to use this. We use french drains to drain roof runoff in plant beds that are bordered with sidewalks and driveway. If this is what you're after I can walk you through it.

3. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Go to NDS.com they have all the info you would need their on the site, detailed specs and applications. Make sure you dont cut corners and do it right , Youll be real sorry if you dont... Perf pipe wrapped in filter sock, them clean 3/4" gravel also wrapped in a filter fabric... Wala.....

4. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We don't mess with it, I leave it to the more experienced. You definatley want to do your homework before doing this for a customer. Water can cause a lot of damage if diverted in the wrong direction. As Chris mentioned, you could be sorry you got involved.

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

6. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

we do alot of these, some big, some small. same principal. water goes down hill. dig trench, put in gravel. level to downhill. use solid ads to carry water, socked perf to absorb or disperse. don't dump water on neighbors property. lawsuit lawsuit. David g