Installing gator blades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by ndwiginton, Sep 16, 2006.

1. ndwiginton

ndwiginton LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I just purchased a new 60" Z with the XR7 deck. It came standard with the fusion blades but I was thinking about changing them out for the gator blades so that I might get a finer cut. My question is can I just swap the blades out blade for blade or will I need to make other changes?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We do not offer Gator blades, so I cant know what you would need to do.
    If you find the right size, dimension and style blade you would just need to bolt it on.

Pj

3. tn mac

tn mac LawnSite Member

Yes you can swap them blade for blade and if you are like me , you will be getting a much better cut with the gators. the fusions just dont work on our fast growing southern turf, they dont cut it up into small enough pieces. I still cant believe they tested the fusion blades in any place but florida. and florida doesnt have bermuda and zoysia.

4. ndwiginton

from Alabama

Thanks, I should be getting them in this week. I will definitely put them on and give it a try. I like the fusions for mowing my extra 2.5 acres but for the yard they just don't cut it up fine enough. Thanks again.

5. lawnman757

lawnman757 LawnSite Member
    from MD

Where did you purchase the gator blades? What is the part#? Thanks for the help.

6. ndwiginton

from Alabama

I bought them from mowproducts.com. The part # is 90-959. If you click on lawn mower blades then gator blades then hustler/excel it will pull them up. Great price on them too.

7. metinex

metinex LawnSite Member

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Be careful...those Gators are probably for the old deck and are not meant for the XR-7. If they are not flat...I would be cautious.