Installing Landscape Lighting

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ashs inc, Mar 15, 2005.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

Ok guys we are a Landscaping Co that deals in residentals. Want to get into lighting. We allready do irrigation systems seems like lighting would be an easy sell to my allready good clients. I just need to find out how to install voltage drop all that good stuff. If you have any hints I would love to know them. THanks in advance guys

2. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

I would start with taking a class from your local supply house. They will go over all of the formulas with you and give you a paperback book with everything you will need to know. I usually set of a demo of the exact system the owner would buy it usually works 80% of the time. And unlike some other services if they see something that they like they will pay more for it then just taking a estimate without a demonstration from company B. When you approach your established customer this angle might work: Mr. X we have worked with you in the past, have you ever considered what your home could look like with outdoor lighting? If he shows interest just go with it and say something to the effect of: We offer outdoor lighting and what makes us different is you actually see what your home will look like before you pay any money. Then set up the demo preferrably similar in how the transformer and wiring would be installed so when they ask for you to install it you don't have to run all new wire. Good Luck!

3. Georgia Bull Dog

Georgia Bull Dog LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Great idea. I am President of Frog Lights, LLC. We are manufacturers of low voltage outdoor lighting. I would be more than pleased to help you in anyway that I can. It is a high profit business and the results are rewarding to the customer also. Please take a look at our web site. www.frog-lights.com You may buy direct from us and I will give a further discount of 10% plus free shipping (except for transformers). I understand the needs of the contractor to provide quality merchandise at the right price. The problem I found in the market is that other companies sell their products at such high prices that it is difficult for the contractor to make money. We are trying to sell direct or thru distributors at a price that works for the contractors. Inaddition, we have cutting edge technology i.e. LED lights , they are underwater, use 1 watt, and last 11 yrs. we have stainless steel, brass, bronze and many items that are very unusual. Anyone on this site is free to contact me and I love the industry so I am willing to extend advise anytime.
    Noel Frog Lights, LLC email info@frog-lights.com

4. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

Ohio that was the line I was thinking about I have GREAT customers. THE PIA ones GOT FIRED! I have a lot of upscale homes and no one really sells lights here. All my clients as me hey can you do aeration and of course i say YES!!! Its easier for me to do everything for my customers instead of getting another company. I have had customers call me for irrigation and like my work and see that my company can fix most of there problems they drop they guy who just mows. Its great. I am just not swift with the electric part. I know that you can only go so far from the transformer and have good light. I guess I must install lights on my own house to see if I can swing it. There are not really any with in an hours drive and it sucks to take a morning off to go talk to them. THanks for the HELP GUYS oh yeah BULLDOG WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

5. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

nice catalog...we saw you at the nj trade show...we actually met on a trip to san diego for central irrigation a few years back. we will contact you in the future for prices.

brian

6. Georgia Bull Dog

Georgia Bull Dog LawnSite Member
    from NJ

It's me... Here I am....