1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Installing sabal/cabbage palms for client...

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by TimCFClandscape, Feb 14, 2012.

1. TimCFClandscape

TimCFClandscape LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I have a client that wants 20 cabbage palms installed. I primarily do maintenance, but also have some experience in small landscape jobs (i.e mulching, sod installation, cleaning parts of a yard and installing plants) so I don't have any idea where to start. I don't have the equipment to install these, but I'm very excited to subcontract the job and make some moolah.

Any tips on how I should go about this? How much should I expect to pay for 12-15 ft palms? About how much can I get someone with the equipment/labor to install them for?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! Trying to expand my business exponentially this year, so I'm trying to learn EVERY piece of info I can.:clapping:
  2. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't help you with the numbers but I sure can help you with the cheerleading!!!
    Congratulations and GOOD LUCK!!!!
  3. What I would do is find a supplier that you can get a good price from and then someone who has a machine with experience to put them in. Sabals are cheap and if your buying 20 you should get a better price. Are these to be laid out in a specific manner?
    Posted via Mobile Device