Insurance ? and another ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Hurry, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Mr.Hurry

Mr.Hurry LawnSite Member

Do you have to have insurance in Florida to mow?How many times a year do you figure on mowing an account(no irrigation)?

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your state's insurance department website or you might try calling them. The other question I can't answer because we have had record amounts of rain this year so mowing has been above normal and excessive since early spring.

3. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Probably not but its really stupid not to have it.

4. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

Well for commercial accounts you need liability but you COULD do residential without. I myself am in Florida and am finally gonna get liability so i can do commercial. Its worth it though

5. Mr.Hurry

Mr.Hurry LawnSite Member

How much does liabilty insurance , and what company do you recomend?

6. jbannick18

Well I don't know what site I used but its one that matches you up with insurance, try doing a google search. I believe its Prime Insurance Solutions, im still waiting on paper work. I got 587 a year for a 300k liability plan with 6000 in equipment with a 500 deductible. need to put 25% down then i pay 53 a month, 6 extra cause i spread it out over 9 months. hope this helps

7. jbannick18

Ok so i found out who it is its National Group Insurance. You can look up Safeco insurance, they quoted me about 100 cheaper but they don't insure your equip.