insurance at 15

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlandscaping, Jan 18, 2002.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

i just read a few posts on insurance and when a kid asked, people took it as a joke i think it was lgf who said you dont need it to pull your push mower behind your bike. i do not know if i can get insurance and what insurance to get. i dont pull my machines behind my bike, but i do drive my walkbehinds around the block doing the neighborhood yards and trailer them for the other jobs. i dont have my liscence yet and wasnt worried about insurance business registration etc and how much i could afford, but this year i will be plowing and driving the truck around so im asking you guys if they insure 15-16 year olds.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

you have to be at least 18 to get insurance if im correct. just wait a few more years doing what you are doing and then you can get insurance and become legit. everybody has to start somewheres. i started out when i was 15 mowing lawns on the street. the minute i got my license i got a trailer and was mowing friends and relatives houses. i saved up enough money for good equipment, not really profiting much because all my money went towards equipment. last year i got insurance, and had all the equipment to cut it in the big time. some people may laugh or poke fun, but in my opinion, at least your out to achieve a goal. most kids your age sleep till noon, and blow their money.

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Asking people on here isn't going to get you a straight answer, or correct one. You are going to have to handle this through your parents. Who insures their stuff? Talk with them and their agent to help you find out what the rules and regulations are for your state or community. They will be able to help you through this. Their insurance agent will know how to handle it and wether you are even insurable seperately or if you would end up being under their policy. For me to give an answer would merely be a guess. This is going to vary possibly from state to state. Good luck with it.

4. plow kid

plow kid Banned

You have to be 18 to sign a legal contract in the us...... when I was 15-16 I had people sign a paper that said I was not to be held liable for anymore then their homeowners ins deductable if a accident occured,..... e-mail me and I will send it to you ncls484@aol.com

~NaTe

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I got my policy when I was 15. Took about 20 calls to diffrent agents but yes...I finally did find a company willing to insure me! Keep searching! youll find it...just isnt cheap!