Insurance Bs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1wezil, Mar 5, 2008.

1. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

any body have Allstate ins ? i went in yesterday to ask some ? on my policy and they ask if i was checking around on pricing and i said yes ! well guess what we are running a half price sale is what i was told . we were paying about 1680.00 a year for my home owners ins. and now they are going to give me the same coverage for half the price i don't mind saving money but half price drop that's a lot and if they are as good of a company as they say they are they should let people know this kind of thing ! the reason i am checking around because they do not have good commercial ins. so i am give some other company's a chance to save me some money. for you FYI .

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Just dont EVER put in a claim. I was with Allstate for 16 years, had them on 3 vehicles and my house. Put in one claim last year, they paid out $1100.00, raised my insurance over $2100.00/ yr. on my trucks. Up until that time, over the course of 16 years, I put in two claims on cracked windshields, and yes, I had full glass coverage. I suppose that makes me 'high risk'.

3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

and, yes, I am no longer with them. They need to put on half price sales to make up for the business they are losing with long time customers!!!!

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Just FYI- I have nothing against Allstate, but if you ever need to file a claim with them, they do not hesitate to drop you at the bat of an eye.

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Allstate Falsifies Engineering Reports
    FBI RAIDS ALLSTATE

Based on a report from The Wall Street Journal -- Internet Edition

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has executed search warrants as part of a investigation by the U.S. attorney from the central district of California at three offices of Allstate Insurance Co., seeking documents related to allegations the company falsified engineering reports in order to minimize claims after the 1994 Northridge earthquake. Offices searched include one in Santa Fe Springs; the company's Northbrook, Ill., headquarters; and a data warehouse in the Dallas suburbs. An Allstate spokesperson said the company has been cooperating fully with the investigation, but denies the allegations.

FBI RAIDS ALLSTATE IN QUAKE PROBE:waving:

6. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i had allstate until i called about the rewards program i never had a claim nor have i been pulled over, a clear record so to speak, i asked why they advertise that they reward their drivers but my premium keeps going up? they told me that it only applies to their new client that i cant get the reward program becuse its only for people that get new policies.. i dropped they that day!

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind the mindset of Insurance companies these days is to penalize after even 1 claim (penalize being non-renewal, increased premiums, dropped coverages, etc). Don't file the small claims, only file claims that would be financially hard for you. This gives you incentive then to raise your deductibles to self-insure up to your comfort level.

8. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

THAT'S interesting because about 3 months ago i changed my policy over to the rewards ,but the premium goes up to save me money that didn't make any sense ? i pay more so my deductable goes down a another reason why i am looking !