Insurance Central Florida Quote

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LIL YARD BOY, Aug 13, 2002.

1. LIL YARD BOY

LIL YARD BOY LawnSite Member

I have just started my new Lawn Care Service and I`m looking for Insurance.

How Much do you need?

Who is best, and how to get in touch with them?

and whats the going rate for insurance ?

sorry about all the questions, but im a sole proprietor and I want to do this right not Half Azz and don`t want to Jeopardize my family and home ect.

thanks D.J.

Donald Hooker`s
    Lawn Care

:confused:

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Ill be looking for insurance in the next few weeks, and would also like to know, what kind of stuff needs to be covered on the insurance, so that the insurance copy couldnt get out of certin claims? Is this a problem?

3. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

Hello Donald-- I assume you are talking about General Liability Insurance. It's one of the cheapest business insurance you will buy, I have about $500,000 in coverage, cost is about $500 a year. I would start at $300,000. Get with an agent close by your area, you will be suprised how many times you may need to contact them. I've had the same agent for 22 years, they have always worked with me. Now for a word of caution. Never file a claim for something petty, your rate will jump up big time. pay it out of you own pocket and move on. I have never filed a claim. You want it for that one time when you are really in trouble. You might need to go in to Orlando for your agent, I use J. Rolf Davis. I'm in Zellwood. Hope this helps. Good Luck

4. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

We found the most competitive rate was from Great Scott ! Insurance. Very helpful and great service. 800-927-0418 There located in Ft. Myers by the way.