1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Claims

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snap12.5, Mar 8, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

What are some of the worst accidents that you guys have had on the job?? How was it resolved?? Was everything taken care of by your insurance company or did it turn out to be a huge hassle??
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

knock on wood. I have never had to make a claim, except for workers comp. It was like only two months into my workers comp and an employee of mine was pruning a tree limb. He decided to climb up in the tree to do. The saw jumped out of the limb and went across his arm cutting himself requiring him to get stitches. If I remember correctly I had to pay in about $110, but I thought it was worth it.
  3. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

One time one of my guys hit a rock with the mower and it shot abouit 150 feet, thru the screen door, thru the glass slider door, and into the neighbors couch. Cost me $150, i didnt claim it.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

reminds of the time when I was mowing a commerical account, and it was closed on Saturday, but this guy pulls up right where I am mowing at and I ended up getting grass clippings all over his car. He blew up claiming that I scratch his car and ruined the paint job! So I wrote him a check for a car wash and he was happy