1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Commercial vs Personal

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by rockstate, Dec 5, 2004.

1. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

I am 17 in missouri, I have a 2000 F-350 and a 12 foot trailer with a 48" eXmark, 2 shindaiwa T2500s and a redmax EB 7001 blower. I am setting up my commercial liability but my truck is for personal use more than for commercial use. Should I put my truck under my commercial policy or keep it under personal?
  2. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

You will get mixed responses with this question. I'm only going to give you advice, but you should really contact your agent to find out the correct way with your policy. I'm with Allstate, my trucks are used for business, but are listed on my personal policy. My insurance has a 'pocket' (if you will) that will allow business vehicles (smaller ones, F-450 and smaller) to be listed without needing a commercialized policy. My trucks are listed as being used for 'business use'. Hope this helps.
  3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

ive got mine f350 & f450 listed in a commercial policy.... i even have a "rider clause "on my wifes sport trak in case i am ever using it for business use( cheaper to drive it on rainy days to run errands than it is the other 2) even though I rarely do ...... i had everything under a personal policy but after looking at the nuimbers so far this year when my policy renewed i had driven over 35000 miles on each truck this year so far so they were changed to commercial coverage due to the higher limitations and coverage...... it really depends on your needs though