Insurance Company for Pesticide Use?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DCMmmkay, Feb 25, 2013.

1. DCMmmkay

DCMmmkay LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Hey guys, this year I'm adding on pesticide/herb/fert apps to my business. My certification finishes up in two weeks. I'm currently with Indiana Farm Bureau, but will have to find a new insurance company.

They do not cover pesticide use. So my question is what insurance company to you guys use for your company? Please Help! Thanks!

2. DCMmmkay

DCMmmkay LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

So the people that viewed my post either don't have insurance or they don't want to take the time to help? I don't get that. I'd appreciate some help if someone is willing. Thanks!

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I'll get you some info later!:)

4. DCMmmkay

DCMmmkay LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

^thank you!

5. jonniebud

jonniebud LawnSite Member

The cost is to high for me to get the insurance to spray and the customer don't want to pay so I refuse to spray

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Try farm Family they do it and have a good price or call different ins co and ask. And every state is different

Charles Cue

7. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I know this is an thread but since someone brought it back up, we had the best luck with commerce insurance

8. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I use Main Street America Assurance 1 mill $550 a year. I just paid the bill.

9. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

I just noticed in my last post I said we used commerce, that's actually our comm auto, how gl is with the Hartford