1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance cost and age?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mr.Stripey Lawn Care, May 12, 2003.

1. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I was wondering about liability insurance and age of the person being covered. I woould like to have 1 or 2 million dollars in insurance. Is this type of insurance similar to car insurance? Is the price higher the younger you are, because car insurance drops dramatically after age 25.

Also, does the premium fluctuate, and what kind of deductables are you looking at? I don't plan on breaking many windows or running over high priced pedigree show-pets, but **** happens...

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My G/L has nothing to do with my age. Its based off the type of business I do. I just paid mine today, and it hurts to think about it.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

liability has nothing to do with age, but it can deal with years of experience. The more years of experience, the better it is and the better of a chance that they will cover you.
  4. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i have 1/2 million and i pay $213 a year.