1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Cost- out of control raise in prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barringtonbro's, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Barringtonbro's

Barringtonbro's LawnSite Member

Why has my insurance doubled in three years with absolutley no claims against my account. Does any one know a affordable insurance company for Lawn Care companies? I go through Farmers Insurance and pay over a thousand dollers a year for a
    $1,000,000 in coverage but this does not include my truck or trailer. And the only reason its not more is because my borthers work for me and are listed as partners. Hell I could almost buy a new weed-eater and blower every year for what I am paying in insurance.
  2. Has anybody tried these companys advertising in the trade magazines?

I hope you get some good replies to your post.

I did have Grange, which was good, but expensive.

Westfield is what I have now, affordable, but virtually everything's excluded. Like any tree pruning, tracked vehicles, subcontractors, or any pesticides.

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Geez Louise!

I'm with State Farm and pay about $300.00 a year for everything and I'm at 1 million as well!

4. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

sheppard, your with State Farm? They told me last year they don't do Lawn Care Liab ins.

Dang two faced suckers
  5. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

State Farm here also... reasonable for the policy.
  6. Safeco, and if you are under $2,000 a year for 1 mil liability that's cheap.

Mine covers all but the trucks and trailers, they are under vehical, which is Safeco also.
  7. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

For liability, I use erie and pay 520 per yr for 1 million/2 million. The commercial auto insurance is what kills me, and then of course there is workmans comp. Does 5.25 per 100 in payroll seem high to y'all?
  8. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

what is safeco's phone # lgf?
  9. I don't know the # but here is the www.safeco.com.

Ok all you complaining, do you realize that when you add equipment to it you pay more.

PIONEER LawnSite Member

State Farm also told me they don't do Lawn Care Liab ins.
    I have westfieldnad I pay about $2000 per year with one truck.