Insurance Cost- out of control raise in prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Barringtonbro's, Feb 1, 2002.

1. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I also carry 1 million liability through Westfield with an additional equipment rider. My policy runs $667 per year. About 2 years ago someone stole $2500 worth of hand held equipment while I was working in a back yard. Westfield had a check in my hand in less than a week. Before the claim I was paying about $300 per year for the same policy. I don't mind paying the increase when I know my insurance company will work quickly to settle my claims.
  2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have $600,000 at a cost of $622.00/yr. It is with American Mercury LLoyds. State Farm told me they did not do liab. for the lawn and landscape business. I have filed one claim in 3 years, but my rate has not increased any.:)
  3. Pauls Mowing

Pauls Mowing LawnSite Member

I pay $300 a year for $1 million liab through American Family.

4. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

Check out sp? (plcaa site) they gave me a pretty reasonable quote for liab as well as workman's comp. Currently I go with American Family home and business. 380.00 per year for 1,000,000 liab. 540/year for 2,000,000. (contractors package-inland marine)
  5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just looked and I pay $1750.00 a year for: $500,000 gen. lia. ins. full coverage on my truck, trailer and equipment thru Progressive and Ohio Casualty Group.
  6. Hookset

Hookset LawnSite Member

Farmers lost there headquarters building to a tornado and lost a lot of money in stocks from the 9-11 incident. I had to find a different homeowners this year. There trying to pass on there losses. I found a company called Tapco, million runs $568.00 yr.
  7. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

A little over 300.00 for gen. lia. 1mil/2mil around 750.00 for comm. auto and trailer full coverage.....all @ American Family
  8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

$350.00 a year for a million dollar commercial liability and full coverage on my mowers. Have it with State Farm, most insurance agents don't want the hassle of selling this kind of policy, but State Farm definitely sells commercial mowing liability insurance at a very reasonable price.:D
  9. Damn some of you guys are outragously cheap!!!!

Are you solo also, as that equipment, payroll, and all the other added variables make the cost go up.
  10. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, I'm solo. Be willing to go to 2 million if certain commercial customers asked for it.