1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance for Pesticide License

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cmfpi, Apr 1, 2008.

1. cmfpi

cmfpi LawnSite Member
    from 41011

My state (Ohio) requires insurance to get a pesticide license. We have general insurance, does that cover pesticides or do we have to get an additional license for it?
  2. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

Check with your local extension office to make sure. Here we just have to have liability insurance of 500K at least. Oh yeah, and a lic # on the truck or trailer.

GREEN-UP LawnSite Member
    from sw ohio

go to ohioagriculture.gov ha all insurance info
  4. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Your general liability insurance should cover you as long as the coverage includes bodily injury and property damage that arise from pesticide applications. I doubt the Ohio dept of ag would consider your license request without the right coverage. Contact them and by all means your insurance agent as well to make sure your covered.
  5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We are required to have Pesticides and Pesticide Applicator listed on certificates.
  6. Reliable Lawn Care

Reliable Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Gardner KS. I almost bought an aerator from someone there thru E-Bay last week. I was away from the computer and got out bid.
    Sorry to jump this thread.
    My insurance covers. I have one Mill liability, 350 year.
  7. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

check out MFP insurance, i think there a sponser if not i'll get you there number. pretty good rates and there located in ohio and they sent everything to the state for me. regular insurance policies like my old american family insurance would only cover 'dry' applications, so they had to go, wouldn't underwrite it.