Insurance for ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oaktree59, Jan 25, 2008.

1. oaktree59

oaktree59 LawnSite Member

I just purchased my new Gravely ZTR. I have insurance on my truck and trailer and business insurance. Do you guys have seprate insurance for ur ztr

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I have a blanket insurance policy on all of my equipment. If it gets stolen they buy me a new one.

3. oaktree59

oaktree59 LawnSite Member

Thanks I will check with my insurance person

4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

its called an inland marine policy

5. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

Normally you can get your inland marine insurance through the same company that does your business insurance. I have mine with the same company. Usually runs about 1/60th the actual value of the equipment pre year. Like $9000 of equipment would cost about $150 per year to insure. But shop around I have seen some post of much better rates. Do not quote me on these figures they may be off, but I hope that this helps a little.

6. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Down here two different companies (including the one that writes my business insurance quoted me $100~$120 per MONTH on a $5500 Z! No hand-held stuff was covered and there were more exceptions than I could believe. I need to check with some other companies.

7. lawnprofessional1

lawnprofessional1 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I asked my agent if my equipment would be covered in the case of a vehicle accident (like if the trailer rolled in the ditch and the mowers were totalled out) and she said no. Even though I have full coverage on my truck, it does not cover the trailer or the equipment in it. Liabilty only on that stuff. Like if the mowers fall out and hit someone's car, etc.... So what I did is took out a $15,000 policy for my equipment and added it to my million dollar contractor's policy. It costs me $948 a year. I pay monthly. Had to pay the first 2 months up front.

8. lawnprofessional1

lawnprofessional1 LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

That $948 a year is for the 1 million dollar contractor's and the $15,000 equipment together. She had me list the value of the mower, the value of the trailer, and the value of the miscellaneous tools (trimmers and such). I just told her $9,000 for the mower, $2,000 for the trailer, and $4,000 for the hand helds. She said it would cover it all in the case of an unexpected disaster such as fire, theft, etc...

9. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Same here...