1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Help Please!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by qualitylawnlc, Jul 10, 2007.

1. qualitylawnlc

qualitylawnlc LawnSite Member

I'm bidding on a factory just out of town and I am very close to putting this thithing together. Problem is, the require liability insurance is 2 million and the most I can get through my agent is a 1 million per occurance with a 2 million aggregate ( per year limit ). Any suggestions on insurance that can give me the limits I need. The only way I can accomplish this with my current company is to purchase two policies.
  2. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

You may have to go to another company. Does the client really require 2 mill. per or aggregate? I've been lucky I guess getting by with the 1 mill. per occurance.
  3. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

My State Farm agent said they couldn't insure the landscaping part of my Lawn and Landscaping company. Their underwriters suggested this site.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Grubb & Ellis also requires 2 mil on your policy to get a contract w/ them. It may have been just this location though, not certain.
  5. qualitylawnlc

qualitylawnlc LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. My agent is the local farm bureau. I'll try the link you listed.
  6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yea walmart went up to 2 mil this year..........PITA
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Heck, you could buy out the inventory of a local wal-mart with 2 mil... twice!

Could you just see them trying to bag all that up and take it out to your semi? :laugh: