Insurance Help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Lawn, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Mr.Lawn

Mr.Lawn LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hey folks does anybody know of a insurance company that deals in liability insurance only???? I thought my insurance company would cut me a break, WRONG over $1,000.00 a year for a $100.000.00 policy. Any help would be great. Thanks :usflag:

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of business?
    I have 1mil/2mil from Farm Bureau for $25 annual membership and $204 annual premium. I understand Florida is going to cost a little more but that seems excessive to me.

3. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

yellow pages....there are specific agencies that sell business insurance or liability insurance...smaller companies will charge less for insurance...at least that how it is for my motorcycle...

geico quoted me $10,000 for the year! and then the guy told me if i would like i could start that policy today! (this is for my motorcycle)

4. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Alot of people seem to use Erie. Look in the phone book for independent agencies. You should be able to get 1 million for less than half of that.

5. GELAWNS

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

We pay $1,700 a year for $1 million in liability insurance in Florida. Our policy is with Auto Owners Insurance through Adcock Ins Agency. I plan on shopping around for a better rate. Not sure if I will be able to do better. All Florida insurance is outrageous.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

This is the new business thread but, I think he's talking about vehicles.