1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Insurance help???????

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING, Aug 7, 2007.


    Posts: 29

    I have a new problem. I want these fast food accounts and corp wants me to have 1,000,000 general insurance and 500,000 auto and thats fine i need that anyway... but what about workers comp if you work by yourself ....no employees yet ,so do I have to have it in Texas ??????? and where is the cheapest place to get this??? tell me some people you use.
  2. Stillwater

    Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member
    Posts: 4,834

    Liability insurance with either a personal injury rider or basic medical insurance for yourself. the fast food place does not want to be held responsible if you get hurt.

    In all seriousness I suggest you ignore any advice people give you hear on lawnsite when you have serious questions in this area. you should go to this website and do some reading. and get accurate info from the start.


    Posts: 29

    cool thanks .......
  4. supercuts

    supercuts LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,785

    in CT, you are only required by law to have workmans comp on employees. if you must have if for yourself to bid a large job i would call your insurance company, that is i get mine from, its based on hourly pay, you pay an additional 20% to the insurance of hourly pay. if you pay $10/hr you pay into workmans comp $2/hr. it will be difficult to figure it for yourself so call your insurance
  5. TSG

    TSG LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 444

    You can buy the Minimum Policy
    In NH the Lowest premium is 950.00
    That covers you and anyone who is working for you, including Subs if they are not insured.
    That translates to about $4000.00 of income covered by WC
    Check with your state insurance bureau.
  6. LB1234

    LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member
    Posts: 3,210

    You could try (not that it will work) have them provide you with a hold harmless agreement in reference to the WC. Basically it will state you will not hold them at fault for any and all injuries you incure while on their property.

    More than likely they will tell you to take a hike though.

    Posts: 29

    I really dont think i have to have it. But I will ask that MAN????? Corp!!!!!

Share This Page