1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance help!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by s&wlawncare, Mar 1, 2004.

1. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

Hi I was wondering the insurance that is best for the money and what the cost might be. I am looking at either 500,000 or 1mil liability. I got a quote for aroung $800 per year for the 500,000 and $1,000 per year for the 1 mil any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

that sounds about right, you have your truck, trailer and equipment added to this?

Other than that, it looks like a good rate, go with 1 mil coverage especially if you are doing commerical.

If you are just doing residential................thats your call, I dont think you need it, but guess u never know. For commerical you have to have it...........people will try to screw you

good luck
  3. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

Most commercial work will reqire you to provide proof of insurance they will probably also prefer/require the 1 mil policy.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

where did u get that quote for the 1 mil. i am paying $1400 for $600 thousand
  5. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

this quote i got was only for liability not including equipment and it was from tom jones financial how much more would equipment coverage cost?