Insurance in Florida

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by intiMOWdator, Apr 23, 2003.

1. intiMOWdator

intiMOWdator LawnSite Member

I am now looking for another insurance company that I am not going to be taken advantage of. I just read some post of what others in the country are paying and I am paying about 700/yr . Other's are paying about $200 to $400 for policys for 300,000 to a $1,000,000. There seems to be a lot of variation's in the premiums around the country which doesn't seem to make scents to me. Anyone doing as good or better here in Florida. I am looking for a new company now. I have called most of those from out of state only to find they don't write a policy here in Florida. Who is your insurance company, amount of policy and your premium?

2. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

National Insurance Company
    Coral Gables, FL 33134

$ 1,000,000.00 General Liability policy.
    $553.00 Per Year

The agent is:

IB Green & Associates
    5086 North Lane
    Orlando FL 32808

Sorry I don't have Phone number handy..

3. intiMOWdator

intiMOWdator LawnSite Member

Thanks Mr_Marc
    I call National today they never returned the call. Tried to find # for IB Green and Associates with no Luck. I called a ton of people today about the high price of insurance in Florida, it seems that we the 3rd highest premiums in country. The Insurance Broker said its the lawyers and the amount of claims.
    Art

4. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

Insure America in the phone book.
    Been using them for 13 years.
    Do not forget about Inlet marine (sp) to cover the cost of your equipment if stolen.
    :)

5. FireLawnCutters

FireLawnCutters LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I found a phone # for that address stated above

407-299-4642

Hope it helps.

6. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

Ck out GSI @ 800-927-0418 and ask for Dan Wall. There in Ft. Myers but we've had good service at a fair price. They cover us for L&O as well as general liability.