Insurance In Florida

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lets get it done, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Lets get it done

Lets get it done LawnSite Member

I'm looking for 1million Liability, and a policy that would cover my equipment. I'm in the Pensacola area of Florida.
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Try your car ins agent. Everyone sells liability.
  3. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Try Nationwide Ins. they are cheap and have good things to offer.
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Lets get it done,

Here is a quote from this post by user brucec32. Maybe you could send him a PM to see who provides his insurance?

"$1 million commerical liablity insurance = $600/year for a solo op. A little more if you do apps."
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Actually Nationwide told me they don't do commercial liablity in Florida. At least not here. And they originally told me they would do it since I was an existing customer, but then they didn't reply to my request through my auto agent. So I am ditching them. Took 3 weeks just to get my homeowners and auto policy for my wife's car set up properly and I wasn't impressed. They even tried to tell me my drivers license wasn't valid, because THEIR computer didn't find it in the system.

Florida insurance is screwy, perhaps because of the no-fault laws here. But I can't recommend Nationwide anymore. They seem very disorganized at both the agent and corporate level. I'm still getting statements every month or so with little changes to the premium that they don't bother to explain.

I will be getting my commercial insurance with someone else, and as soon as I get time I'm switching it all.