Insurance Info

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MJM928, Mar 23, 2005.

1. MJM928

MJM928 LawnSite Member

I Started Mowing About The Middle Of Last Season. It's Good Money! The Question I Have Is, What Kind Of Ins. Is Essential To Have, And How Much. Thanks.
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The first thing you need is business insurance on your truck and trailer. Then a general business liability policy. These are a must. Minimum is at least $500,000 on each policy.IMO.
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

The break points on insurance are 300k 500k 1 million 3 million and 5 million

The price difference on your GL between 300 and 500 is minimal $100-200 per year. Same for stepping up to 1 million. IMO the least you want to get is 1 million but it does depend on your assets and state law.

I would get minimum 500k liability on vehicles. Get comp on your trailer. Mine is $50 per year. For GL get 1 million and get an equipment rider to cover your expensive equipment. My 1 million policy with 30K in itemized coverage ($500 per incident decuctable) for equipment is $1080 per year.
  4. MDMowing

MDMowing LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

GL Insurance and auto insurance we carry. We have a 300K GL policy w/ a 5K rider for the other equipment. Costs about $530. year. payup