insurance&license

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mowforyourmoney, Feb 23, 2006.

1. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

ok so my mom called our insurance co. to get some liability and the insurance person said i'd have to get licensed to buy insurance is this just that companies policy or is it like that around the board..last question is should i bother to get insurance if i'm only doing resies (residential) oh business license that is

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

why are you having your mom call for insurance? its your business isn't it? defiantly have insurance I have only had one incident it was when i was working for someone else but i threw a rock out of a mower and through a very large bay window and into to 52" TV almost $7000 in damage. and this was at a residential house. if you are going to do this be legal and insured if you are not going to do it right don't do it at all.

3. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

hey mowforyourmommy ,,,you need it ,so get it ,cause if you hurt some one i don't thing your mommy will be able to bail you out of the slammer!:dancing:

4. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Clark Lawn,
    I couldn't say it any better. You need insurance. What happens if you really need it and you don't have any?

5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

then you put your head between you legs and............well you know.

6. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

At least I'm leagal and all having insurance and such.

7. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

hey it's not what you think i'm 15 so thats y she called it's under her name since you need to be 18 to get a bus license and you need that for insurance how can i get it under me so it doesn't jack up my 'rents taxes because if it's under there name 'technically' the state thinks they would be the ones making all the dough that i'm going to be making