Insurance Pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnGuy73, Apr 27, 2003.

1. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just wondering how many of us on Lawnsite have pictures of all the equipment incase of fire or theft?
  2. Gordon

Gordon LawnSite Member

I've taken pictures of everything. Also the policy has the model numbers of the tractors and implements listed. Serial numbers are listed as well. Copied all of this onto floppy and stored at my father in laws house as well.

But who is to say that it would make a difference or not. Never had to post a claim for theft or fire and hope I never do.

3. Working on it. Amazing how much "stuff" you can accumulate over the years.
  4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Everything I own is 'scheduled' on my tax return. This is proof enough for insurance. Unfortunately I experienced this first hand last summer for the first time in 20 years. Ins. co. didnt blink an eye.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Pics of everything and insurance agent gets a quarterly spread sheet of everything including serial numbers and cost of purchase price for anything over $250.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

let me ask you guys a few questions about your policies. recently i got about $2,500 worth of stuff stolen.....and i pretty much had to pay for it out of pocket cause insurance wouldnt pick it up. Are all your policies umbrella policies, or everytime you buy new go down and list it with your insurance agent? When i set up my policy...i guess i stuipidly didnt set it up as an umbrella policy....and i bought my little wonder and trimmers and such after i set it up. The only thing on the policy that got stolen was the br400, and after the deductible i would only get $150, and they said it wasnt worth making a claim for that. I listed all my serial numbers for my mowers, br400 and my trailer with the company.....but since i never listed the other equipment i bought since then, they wouldnt cover it. I guess i have nobody to blame but myself, but i guess you learn from mistakes. My mowers and trailers are covered, and i have a certain amount for liability, but i was always under the impression "whatevers in the trailer is covered". Im going to make an appointment soon to reorganize the policy so this doesnt happen again. anybody have any comments that you would like to share?
  7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I will have to double check, but Im pretty sure I have an umbrella policy which covers my garage and anything in it. I have my policy with The Hartford.