Insurance premium sky rockets

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass_cuttin_fool, Jan 6, 2005.

1. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I recieved the renewal on my Erie Ins policy today for my buisness and when I opened it I said #*{){@. Get ready guys if you havent recieved yours yet mine is up some where around 18% over last years price and I have not had a claim in the 2 years Ive had the policy. On a kinda sorta funny note, on the front page things that arent covered by the policy, tidal waves, they didnt wait long to get that clause in it

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i was quite surprised to see mine as well when it came this year it was higher than 18% so high in fact that i changed carriers to keep my rate down closer to where it has been. im the same way no claims for 3 yrs then all of the sudden BAM a huge increase, i guess now we have to shop insurance prices every year as well huh.

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

if you guys dont mind how much were yall paying??

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't got my renewal yet, I guess I'll be looking forward to it...LOL

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I have not gotten mine either. Do you have Commercial Auto with them too? If so, Did that go up as well?

6. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Get more quotes. Some companies play the numbers. Raise their rates knowing the higher revenue will exceed who they loose.

18% is too high.

I always go shopping when an increase greater than 10% happens in one increment.

My insurance did not go up last year, but my agent was able to raise my coverage by $200,000 for the same price.

Doubt I'll see a hike next year.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Do any of you use a broker?

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I do and it's the best thing you can do too.