Insurance prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RD592, Jun 4, 2006.

1. RD592

RD592 LawnSite Member

Im from louisiana and i am wondering if there is an out of state insurance company that will insure me for a reasonable rate. I priced around my town and I can not get someone to insure me for less than 1100 dollars a year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks R.D.

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Thats not too bad, but find an agent that sells from many sources--broker.

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

give Pulley-White insurance agency a call they aat 1400 Barksdale Blvd, Bossier City, La. 71111 thier # is (318) 425-4900 they gave a big speech at my dealers equipment exhibit show this year, they are very knowlegable and insure a lot of lawn/landscape co's around here. i inquired about a 1 million $ policy and (think ) it was around 1200 or so. they are a broker style co. so they can shop around for you.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you need insurance?

5. RD592

RD592 LawnSite Member

Why do you need insurance?

Are you serious, I need insurance because I like going to Burger King and eat French Fries.

You ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer.

6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

867 f0r 1 mill in coverage here in NY

7. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

lmao that's funny right there! :laugh:

8. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I'll second that :laugh:

9. rodneyskip

rodneyskip LawnSite Member
    from KY

My insurance company has a tiered rate system that is directly proportionate to your gross. I think the first level is under 25K and then it goes up from there. If you are just starting out, you most likely won't gross more than this for the first six months.

My agent said that they would ask me each year what my gross was for the previous year and adjust the premium accordingly. I am sure you could try to cheat the system, but if you filed a claim and they audited you, chances are they would not pay.

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

$408 per 6 months.......liability but its just me, no otehr employee's atm........hired hands as i need them