1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 21, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Heh, what are u guys paying for insurance. I was quoted $800/yr by one person but was hoping to find something much less. Anyone have a policy only costing much less?
  2. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

In Texas we have to have our trucks and trailers insured commercialy....
    I have all my insurance with one company 1200 a year...
  3. volway

volway LawnSite Member

Here in Tn i pay a little over 800, It covers everything.
  4. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

I only get liabilty insurance and pay $350.
  5. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

$788/year from State Farm, and thats only for 100k in liability!
  6. CustomKare

CustomKare LawnSite Member

Who do you use?
  7. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the Hartford for General Liability and it cost me around 570 per year. My coverage is 1,000,000 per occurrence, or 2 million annually. There are also several little extras that make it worthwhile.
  8. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

That's more in my price range. What company do u use? And is that for the whole year? And liability only, does that mean it doesn't cover u or the equipment, but only other's property and bodies?
  9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

It Is through the hartford. It does not cover me. Only if i damage someones personal property while working or injure someone else. My policy does have $10,000 of coverage on equipment costing over 1,000. like mowers if stolen or vandalized. And 1,000 of coverage for equipment costing less than 1,000 if stolen or vandalized. Does not cover trucks and trailers. Was the best general liability policy out there. I have my trucks insured through Geico. I pay 600 every 6 months for liability (both trucks are paid for), and Im only 24 years old.
  10. Cutman007

Cutman007 LawnSite Member

Have any of you added an employee driver to your Truck insurance policy? I am looking into if I really need it.