1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance prices??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 2k1yzfr1, Jan 15, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about to get my enclosed trailer within a month and was going to get insurance on everything at that point. How much does it cost to have about $18,000 worth of lawn equipment and a $6000 trailer insured?? I've been using the search button and all I seem to find it Liability insurance. Thanks for the help

2. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

My insurance will only cover equipment $500 and up. So weedeaters and edgers, blowers are out. Mine is only $750 a year with Allstate. Don't know about trailer. I use a cabover.
  3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm paying about 1400 a year for replacement value insurance but that also includes a 1,000,000-dollar liability policy on the business. But like your self I am covering around 25 k in equipment the trucks have their own policy’s.
  4. WLM

WLM LawnSite Member

I have 32k worth of stuff, 2mil liability, 10k bond, and a 100 dollar deductable if the some of them eqiut. gets stolen and I pay 710 a year, I have no deduct. if I a bust a window.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have $20,000 equipment replacement value, and $1,000,000 liability and pay $910. $250 deductable on equipment, and no deductable on liability.
  6. 2k1yzfr1

who is your insurance through?
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Mine is old dominion. Jacksonville, FL
  8. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

$720.00/year=1mil liability, 15k inland marine (eqpt). w/$500 ded.
    State Farm. This policy also covers snow removal!!
  9. 2k1yzfr1

Who is you insurance though? That sounds like a really good deal from what I have been getting.
  10. FarrisFrog

FarrisFrog LawnSite Member