Insurance prices

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cleancutccl, Feb 10, 2005.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

For you guys that do your own fertilizer/insecticide/herbicide treatments along with lawn maintenance and snow removal how much are you paying a year for general liability of 1000000. This is for S corp insurance, my best quote so far is for 1400.00 a year.

2. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

can't say for the snow removal & maitenence end but for 1 million for just pesticides its around $1100 here in the philly area. Sounds like if your covering all other aspects of your bus. for an additonal $300 its not a bad quote. Take into consideration that insurance #'s vary greatly regionally and history of claims.

3. cleancutccl

It took me forever just to find a company that will insure for pesticides. If they did offer that service they said that I had to have all my other insurance with them. I just kept getting the runaround.

4. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

I hear ya on that one. Took me 2 months to get ins. Did you by chance end up with Scottsdale? They were the only choice for me. Erie wanted to see 3 years of history on my own before they would even look at me. This is in a few months so I will be calling. They were cheaper but are selective and are quick to bump up your rates after any claims, so I hear.

5. cleancutccl

I had some companies tell me the 3 year thing but actually neither scottsdale or erie were the company with the quote. I actually don't know if they cover Kansas. The company I dealt with was CEK insurance, don't know much about them, just found them yesterday.

6. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

you may want to check out Scottsdale. I know they are national and insure obscure occupaitons and situations. Maybe they have their own site or put you in contact with a local agent. Good Luck!!

7. cleancutccl

Thanks, I'll check em out on the net.

8. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

have Erie for 10 years, very few problems and a few claims but no big increases, have been very good to deal with....I don't remember how much my pesticide coverage is...its all lumped into a 5star policy that covers my equipment and trucks.

9. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

$360/yr through Allied with 1 year prior coverage w/ no losses (spraying only). Had Scottsdale in Iowa and it was $600/yr. It was $600/yr here too with no prior experience. Got my truck, equipment and liability for under $1500. I was going to go with Erie but they would not call me back. Oh well

10. cleancutccl

The closest erie office is 228 miles away from me, probably won't work the best for me. Couldn't find any information on scottsdales plans but am still looking.