1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance problem

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mattitude, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Mattitude

Mattitude LawnSite Member
    from WV

Have any of you guys had problems getting insurance? I just called my Erie agent, whom i have my vehicle and home thru and they said that thier underwriters won't write a policy on a new business. Said I would need to have been in business for 1-3yrs.
  2. bcx400

bcx400 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Mattitude- I had the same thing happen with Erie 6 years ago. Your best bet is to deal with an independent insurance agency. They deal with many different insurance companies, and will tailor a policy to fit your specific needs.
  3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I was having the same problem two weeks ago. The company that I am getting insurance through called a underwriter out of St. Paul or it is called St. Paul. Sorry about not being able to give you any more info at this point, but I will try to find out this week the name of the underwriter and let you know.
    They will not give a payment plan option to start with which is not a big deal for me. For a $1,000,000.00 policy it is going to cost me just under $700.00 for the first year with no employees.

Good luck and I will try to get you some more info on this