1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Insurance question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KMT Landscaping, Feb 6, 2004.

1. KMT Landscaping

KMT Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am dealing with a business and they require 1 mil in liability and 1 mil in commercial insurance. does anyone know what this would run and whats the difference? Dont mean to sound stupid but new to all this. Thanks

KMT Landscaping:cool:
  2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

3. bleabold

bleabold LawnSite Member

i got a quote for 1 million / 2 million agregate for $714.00
  4. KMT Landscaping

KMT Landscaping LawnSite Member

blebold thanks who did you get that quote from?
  5. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I would find your local independent agent who represents ERIE. Their rates are hard to beat in my area.

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

The 1 million minimum insurance coverages are common now. Shop around, but sometimes it is nice to have a local agent.
  7. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

American Family, $2 mil, $4 mil agg., around $400/yr.
  8. JBNTX

JBNTX LawnSite Member

i have notice that some of the smaller agencies are willing to give better rates..
  9. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

10. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

American Family wont cover you if you do pesticide aps. Neither will Allstate. If your going to do pesticides your better off going with an indepedent agent. My policy is for 1 mil and covers pesticides. $540 a year through General Casualty