1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

insurance question

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wheeling22, May 23, 2004.

1. wheeling22

wheeling22 LawnSite Member

I have been in business for a couple of years (part time) and have no insurance. I have 15 lawns (mostly elderly ladies).
    My question is, How do I go about getting insurance and what kind of insurance and about how much is it.

Thanx
    Wheeling22

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Call insurance agents for a quote on general liability insurance. It varies depending on area, company, and amount of coverage. You will probably be ok with $300,000/$600,000. That is $300,000 per accident with a $600,000 total cap per year.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Getting insurance is super easy, nothing to procrastinate about or worry about. Find a commercial insurance agent, get the insurance in place, and put yourself at ease.

4. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

yep, easy

call the people you have your auto/truck insured with, they will surely help you

one word of advice, no need to be 'over insured' The 300,000/600,000 advice given above is good.

5. Johnson

Johnson LawnSite Member

As stated above, it's a rather easy process. I have 1 million in coverage and pay $505.00 per year including coverage for theft of my equipment and coverage for an employee.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I do have to agree that liability insurance is one of the cheapest, yet best investment for your company

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -